Monday, March 23, 2009

Well...

The past 24 hours have been interesting.

Stuff last night. Overslept this morning; woke up, and my first thought was in Spanish (wtf...I'm not even fluent, and I wasn't looking over it before bed); had a bad experience with coffee...who knew such a thing could happen. FYI, don't chug coffee.

My classes went from being decent to fun to wtf-worthy; studied for Econ all evening, and am still thoroughly confused; it looks like I'm abusing the semicolon tonight. Oh well. It gets overlooked too often in writing anyway.

Ani DiFranco is amazing. Go see her live. I took this video at the concert on Saturday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOpC2LsnITo). Her opening act, Toshi Reagon, was amazing as well. I was very impressed, and I'll definitely go see her next time she's in town.

While flipping thorough my assortment of quotes from literature, I stumbled on this one. It seems apt to end this blog with it (but I think really just want to use the block quote feature),

Every step she took toward relieving herself from obligations added to her strength and expansion as an individual. She began to look with her own eyes; to see and apprehend the deeper undercurrents of life. No longer was she content to 'feed upon the opinion' when her own soul had invited her.


----------------
Now playing: Toshi Reagon - One More Today
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment